Gone In 41 Seconds — Police Quick to Kill Korean Artist
Feb 24, 2008
LA HABRA, Calif. — On the afternoon of December 31, 2007, two police officers encountered Michael Cho in the parking lot of a liquor store in La Habra, a small, generally quiet city in Orange County, California. It didn’t take long for the meeting to go bad. After less than a minute the officers unleashed a barrage of bullets on the 25-year-old artist, ending his life - and setting off an ongoing cascade of protests across Southern California’s Korean American community.Computerized police logs obtained by New America Media suggest the officers quickly turned to deadly force when they confronted Cho, whom they suspected of vandalism. According to the Computer Automated Transcript documenting the incident, at 2:04 p.m. the cops contacted their dispatcher to say they’d located Cho. “Out with the subject near the liquor store,” the transcript reads. Just 41 seconds later they radioed dispatch again, this time saying they’d shot the suspect and now needed paramedics to attend to him. “Shot fired, Suspect down, Medics requested,” reads the transcript. In the aftermath of the killing, Cho’s family has publicly condemned the department, saying the officers rushed to shoot Cho, rather than using less lethal tools like pepper spray or Taser stun guns to subdue him.
“The police killed my son like a dog,” Cho’s mother, Honglan Cho, recently told the La Habra City Council. According to Shelly Lynn Kaufman, an attorney for the Cho family, the fusillade of bullets left ten holes in his body.
How to get Adobe Photoshop CS6 Free (MAC)
[NOTE: I can’t provide you with any screen-caps since I don’t really own a MAC /sobs]
For some reason, my previous tutorial was taken down (without a notice, maybe someone reported it(?).Hopefully this time around it isn’t taken down. I’ll keep this as short as possible.
•Download CS6 from the official site as mentioned above.
•An Adobe Download Assistant window will pop up
•Enter your Adobe ID and sing in
you can use mine but please don’t change the password
[email: email@example.com password:adobehelp]
•Select where you want to save CS6, i.e downloads.
•Run it, a window will pop > click on Adobe Photoshop CS6
•A window should open up asking you to Install or Try
•DISABLE YOUR INTERNET OTHERWISE IT WILL ASK YOU TO SING IN ONCE AGAIN (which means the process won’t work)
[NOTE 3: It might work if you do keep your internet turned on, but it will ask you to sing in]
• Accept terms of agreement > Install > Close
[a window will appear telling you how many days of trial you have left]
•Adobe Photoshop CS6 folder
•Right click > Show Package Contents
•Search for the amtlib.framework
[NOTE 4: YOU CAN DO EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING]
•You can save the original content in a folder as a back-up… just in case// or erase them
•Drag the files located in the file you downloaded to the amtlib.framework
(there should be three items: an amtlib file, a resources folder, and a versions folder)
•You can erase the amtlib.framework folder itself
•Drag the file you downloaded as a whole
•Drag the file you downloaded and replace it
That is all, have fun and enjoy :D
How to get Adobe Illustrator CS6 Free:
[Disclaimer: This tutorial will only work for Windows]
Things you’ll need:
• An Adobe account // you can also use an account I created
username: firstname.lastname@example.org | password: adobehelp
or you can sing up here *PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD NOR EMAIL OF THIS ACCOUNT, (or i will personally hunt you down) THANK YOU ^^;
• Adobe Illustrator CS6 set-up file
[you can download it from the official site here and log-in using the email and password provided above or with your own account]
Box: ZIP | RAR
**NOTE: I can only provide the set-up for Illustator, take into account that it might NOT work for everyone. Which is why I’m providing you with the adobe account.
Things to remember during the set-up:
• It will ask you for your account info about 3 times during the entire installation process.
• You must install as a trial, because I WON’T be providing you with a serial number.
I will now try to walk you through the installation process (please observe as i fail).
How to Install Illustrator:
(if you know how to install it, feel free to skip these steps. just make sure is installed as a trial.)
*Click on the links for visuals.
• Go to the Adobe Official site (if the set-up file I provided didn’t work) and click on download.
• Once the file has finished downloading, the Adobe Download Assistant will open, enter your email and password (or use the one provided above).
- If you can’t find Illustrator, look at the All Products column in the Show Me section select Desing and click on download Illustrator. -
• The downloading takes approximately 2 hours.
• Click on the Set-Up file, a box will pop-up (it usually takes about 2-3 minutes to finish)
• Click on “Try: I want to try Adobe Illustrator CS6 for a limited time”.
• Accept the Adobe Software License Agreement.
• Sing in.
• You’ll have the options to choose what to install (you can install both or just one depending of your operating system: computer> right click > properties > system type)
• Finish the installation, this will take another 30-35 minutes.
Now that you have Photoshop installed, lets get to the amtlib.dll
• Go to your “Computer” located in your Start Menu.
• In your “Hard Disk Drives”, click on Local Disk (C:).
• Locate your “Program Files” folder and click on the one corresponding to your system .
- For some of you there might be two folders, I clicked on Program Files. But again this depends on the system your computer is operating. If you choose to install both versions of Illustrator you can add the amtlib.dll to both folders: Program Files and Program Files (x86) -
*NOTE: My computer is operating on 64 bit.
• Locate the “Adobe” folder, open it.
• Locate the Adobe Illustrator CS6 (64 bit) or Adobe Illustrator CS6 and open it.
• Click on Support Files.
• Click on Contents.
• And finally Windows.
• Locate the amtlib.dll file.
*NOTE: You can either rename your amtlib.dll to amtlib1.dll or replace the files. I would personally recommend you to rename it, that way if you decide you want to buy Illustrator you can just erase the amtlib.dll and rename the amtlib1.dll back to its original name.
• If you decided to rename your amtlib.dll you should have two .dll files, it should look like this. (your folder should contain both the amtlib.dll and the amtlib1.dll)
For some reason when I opened Illustrator the loading logo says “Tryout”. If when Illustrator finishes loading it asks you for a serial number or to continue as a trial, the tutorial didn’t work. Sadly. ;__;
Ways of knowing if the tutorial worked/didn’t worked:
Open Illustrator and click on the Help menu.
When it doesn’t work your Help menu would look like this and when it does work it would look like this. As you can see when it works you can click on the Product Registration option ^^.
[Here is a F.A.Q post, because on my last tutorial I got a lot of repetitive questions and it should be helpful for both you and me. Please make sure to read it, your question might already have an answer. Also be sure to check my q.a tag, you might also find your answer there. ^^;]
That is all, have fun and enjoy :D
You have a dinner date for seven. What time do you arrive?
Seven. Am. Case the restaurant. Run background checks on the staff. Can the cook be trusted? If not I gotta kill him. Dispose of the body. Replace him with my own guy no later than 4:30.
Polygons measuring spoon
halloween’s coming early on tumblr
Hi my name is Robin and I’m currently 4th year at a university in California. I’m a queer Asian womxn, who is quite frankly broke. Due to extenuating circumstances (full-time work, grad school preparation, moving out on my own, trying to pay for bills, etc.), I wasn’t able to fulfill my course load this summer and had to drop a class. My university financial aid office has charged me for the units as well as my entire financial aid package, leaving me with a huge bill that I don’t have the means to cover. A bulk of my financial aid goes to my family to support them, and I rely on my job and other odds and ends to make ends meet. I currently owe the financial aid office nearly $2600 by the end of next week, but I don’t have nearly enough to cover it.
I hate to ask people for money like this, but if you could donate anything, even a few dollars, and spread the word by reblogging this post, sharing this link, and retweeting my tweet, I would really appreciate it. I re-made a tumblr for the express purpose of this post, so please please share this post. I need to continue to attend school and graduate this year, so please don’t scroll past this. Thank you so much for your time.
Instead of leaking celebrity photos we could leak pdf versions of college textbooks? Idk just an idea
Big Hero 6 (2014) | “Discovery” Clip
This is the clip that premiered with “The Story of Frozen” tonight on ABC.